What is OhioMeansJobs K-12?
OhioMeansJobs K-12 is a new, no-cost, online career planning tool that helps students discover career interests, explore future job options, build a future budget, create a resume and more.
You can begin your career planning journey by clicking on "OWEN," the K-12 cardinal mascot wearing a graduation cap, at http://www.ohiomeansjobs.com. You then can take the Guided Tour to complete recommended activities or navigate the "Explore It" menu to find tools and information for planning your future.
Some of the tools you will find include:
- Set up a personalized Backpack; an individual account for saving test results, creating a career plan, and more.
- Fill out the Career Cluster Inventory; an interest survey for students in middle grades.
- Complete a Career Profile; an interest survey for high school students.
- Conduct an Occupation Search; use filters for accessing information about career and education options.
- Explore Budgeting for My Career; an activity to learn about the cost of living on your own.
- Visit the Assessment and Training Center; a collection of practice tests and resources for ACT, GED, COMPASS, and more.
You can also find more information from the Ohio Department of Education and sign up for a free newsletter here.
If you have any questions, please contact Mrs. Wojciechowski at 419-720-4559 or Jennifer.firstname.lastname@example.org.